i. In order to be eligible for admission into the undergraduate (B.Eng. degree) program, a candidate, in addition to satisfying the University general entry requirements, must obtain at least five credit passes including Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and English Language at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examinations or equivalent.
ii. Candidates who have satisfied (i) above and in addition have passes in each of Chemistry, Physics and Mathematics at the GCE Advanced level or equivalent may be admitted directly into the 200 level of the undergraduate programme.
iii. Candidates who have satisfied (i) above and in addition have ND (Chemical Engineering) passed at a minimum of upper credit level may be admitted directly into the 200 level of the undergraduate programme.
iv. Candidates who have satisfied (i) above and in addition have HND (Chemical Engineering) passed at lower credit may also be admitted into the 200 level, while those who have passed HND (Chemical Engineering) at minimum of upper credit level may be admitted into 300 level.
For candidates with higher than the stipulated minimum entry requirements, their qualifications shall be assessed and equated to the relevant courses. In such cases, Senate may, on the recommendation of the Faculty Board of Engineering permit the candidate to start at the appropriate level.
- Buy an unlimited ABU online registration access scract card with payment of school fees at any branch of designated Banks.
- Open the ABU Zaria website using URL:www.abu.edu.ng and click on the Online Registration link. When the page opens, enter the pin code from the scratch card to allow you access to register
- Click on the New Student or Old Student as the case may be
- Follow the on-screen instructions to fill in your student information form, payment details and course registration form
- Print a copy of each form filled, which then be taken to the Departmental Registration Officer for signature and documentation
- Make sure you click on logout to end your online registration session
Level of Study
In order for a student to be considered at a level of study, he/she must have earned a total Credit Unit as follows: